As owner of a small business, you are often too busy to answer calls. However you know that missed calls are potential missed opportunities to grow your company.
With Voicemail to Email for Small Businesses you don”t have to miss another call again. Simply setup your app to guide callers to one of your virtual departments such as Sales and Support. The app will handle the rest. It will record voice messages and forward to your email address so you can listen to the messages when you have time. Even if you are traveling abroad, you will still be able to retrieve your messages as soon as you have access to email.
Follow the instructions below to setup your new Voicemail to Email app for Restcomm.
- After your purchase, you will receive an email with your download link
- Click on the link to download the app to your local computer.
- Go to the management console of your Restcomm instance http://IP_ADDRESS:8080/restcomm-management
- In the menu, click on the tab. Restcomm Apps
- Drag and drop the downloaded app file to the Restcomm Apps window
- Your application will appear in the list of available apps. See screenshot below
- Click on the Configure link to configure your app
Before you proceed with the configuration guide, you must get a Mailgun authentication key. Follow the steps below
- In the Voicemail2Email configuration window, fill out all the required fields
- Click on the Apply Configuration button to validate your entry
- The configuration window is similar to the screenshot below
In order to ensure that your voicemail to email is properly configured and that is is working, you will need to attach a number to your app.
- Go to the Restcomm management window http://AP_ADDRESS:8080/restcomm-management
- In the dashboard, click on the menu Numbers.
- Click on the button +Register Number.
- Click on the tab, Provider Number.
- In the Country field, choose United States,
- In the Area Code field, choose the desired area code.
- In the drop down Any Capabilities field choose, Voice.
- Press the button, Search Numbers
- In the list of numbers, choose the desired number by pressing the button, Register Number
- In the Friendly Name field enter a description “Voicemail 2 email test”.
- Press the Register button.
- In the Pop-up window, validate your entry by pressing the Register button.
- In the Voice Request URL field click on the button to reveal the list of available apps. Select Voicemail2Email .
- Press the button Save Changes.
- The newly registered number will now be available to use.
Making a Call to your application.
- Start any SIP phone (for ex. Linphone)
- Make a call to the Voicemail to Email app by dialing 6699@RESTCOMM_INSTANCE_IP_ADDRESS:5080
- Follow the instruction in the IVR and leave a voice message.
- Check your email inbox to make sure you have received an email.
- Click on the Voicemail URL in your email to listen to the voice message you recorded
Please check your SPAM inbox in case your email is not correctly delivered.