Travel Kit is an application that can be a great travel companion. When a user calls into the Travel Kit app, he can get the latest information about weather conditions in certain US ZIP code. This function is powered by OpenWeatherMap API. Currency latest exchange rates ( US dollars into other foreign currencies) are also available via Yahoo! Finance API. Travel Kit can also be used to calculate travel distance between two United States ZIP codes. This application takes advantage of a Google Maps feature to provide additional travel time information.
- After your purchase, you will receive an email with your download link
- Click on the link to download the app to your local computer.
- Go to the management console of your Restcomm instance http://IP_ADDRESS:8080/
- In the menu, click on the tab. Restcomm Apps
- Drag and drop the downloaded app file to the Restcomm Apps window
- Your application will appear in the list of available apps. See screenshot below
- Click on the Configure link to configure your app
To proceed with the configuration, you will need to enter the application parameters. Follow the steps below
- In the Travel Kit configuration window, fill out all the required fields
- Click on the Apply Configuration button to validate your entry
- The configuration window is similar to the screenshot below
In order to ensure that your Travel Kit application is properly configured and that is is working, you will need to attach a number to your app.
- Go to the Restcomm management window http://AP_ADDRESS:8080/
- In the Dashboard, click on the menu Numbers.
- Click on the button +Register Number.
- Click on the tab, Provider Number.
- In the Country field, choose United States,
- In the Area Code field, choose the desired area code.
- In the drop down Any Capabilities field choose, Voice.
- Press the button, Search Numbers
- In the list of numbers, choose the desired number by pressing the button, Register Number
- In the Friendly Name field enter a description “Travel Kit Number”.
- Press the Register button.
- In the Pop-up window, validate your entry by pressing the Register button.
- In the Voice Request URL field click on the button to reveal the list of available apps. Select Travel Kit.
- Press the button Save Changes.
- The newly registered number will now be available to use.
MAKING A CALL TO YOUR APPLICATION.
- Use your regular phone or any SIP phone (e.g. Linphone).
- Make a call to the Travel Kit app by dialing YOUR_REGISTERED_NUMBER (or with a SIP phone dialing: YOUR_REGISTERED_NUMBER@RESTCOMM_INSTANCE_IP_ADDRESS:5080)
- Follow the instruction in the IVR.