Traffic Throttling : it is not uncommon for people running a telephony business to encounter people making fraudulent calls. This can have a negative impact your business if you discover that someone has been making unauthorized calls to premium phone numbers or making long distance calls. With that in mind, the Traffic throttling app can be part of your line of defense. It allows you to create a simple access list through a web interface. Any source number that is not in the access list is dropped and the callers gets a simple message that tells him that the call cannot be completed. This app can also be used to prevent employees from making unauthorized calls outside of office hours.
- After your purchase, you will receive an email with your download link
- Click on the link to download the app to your local computer.
- Go to the management console of your Restcomm instance http://IP_ADDRESS:8080/restcomm-management
- In the menu, click on the tab. Restcomm Apps
- Drag and drop the downloaded app file to the Restcomm Apps window
- Your application will appear in the list of available apps. See screenshot below
- Click on the Configure link to configure your app
To proceed with the configuration , you will need to enter the application parameters. Follow the steps below
- In the TrafficThrottling configuration window, fill out all the required fields
- Click on the Apply Configuration button to validate your entry
- The configuration window is similar to the screenshot below
Once your configuration is done you can access your instance backend (The Traffic Throttling Management Console). From here you can easily add/remove caller IDs from your Blacklist. Look at the screenshot below.
In order to ensure that your Traffic Throttling application is properly configured and that is is working, you will need to attach a number to your app.
- Go to the Restcomm management window http://AP_ADDRESS:8080/restcomm-management
- In the dashboard, click on the menu Numbers.
- Click on the button +Register Number.
- Click on the tab, Provider Number.
- In the Country field, choose United States,
- In the Area Code field, choose the desired area code.
- In the drop down Any Capabilities field choose, Voice.
- Press the button, Search Numbers
- In the list of numbers, choose the desired number by pressing the button, Register Number
- In the Friendly Name field enter a description “Traffic Throttling test”.
- Press the Register button.
- In the Pop-up window, validate your entry by pressing the Register button.
- In the Voice Request URL field click on the button to reveal the list of available apps. Select TrafficThrottling .
- Press the button Save Changes.
- The newly registered number will now be available to use.
MAKING A CALL TO YOUR APPLICATION.
- Start any SIP phone (for ex. Linphone)
- Make a call to the Traffic Throttling app by dialing YOUR_REGISTERED_NUMBER@RESTCOMM_INSTANCE_IP_ADDRESS:5080
- Follow the instruction in the IVR.