Text To Slack application is designed to allow SMS messages to flow to any configured Slack channel. Slack is a platform for team communication: everything in one place, instantly searchable, available wherever you go.
Before starting with Text To Slack you should configure an Incoming Web Hook in your Slack admin panel. For detailed instructions on how to do that, please go to http://scottbarstow.com/restcomm-text-to-slack-application-configuration/
Follow the instructions below to setup your new Text To Slack app for Restcomm.
- After your purchase, you will receive an email with your download link
- Click on the link to download the app to your local computer.
- Go to the management console of your Restcomm instance http://IP_ADDRESS:8080/restcomm-management
- In the menu, click on the tab. Restcomm Apps
- Drag and drop the downloaded app file to the Restcomm Apps window
- Your application will appear in the list of available apps. See screenshot below
- Click on the Configure link to configure your app
Follow the steps below to configure Text To Slack application
- In the Text To Slack configuration window, fill out all the required fields
- Click on the Apply Configuration button to validate your entry
- The configuration window is similar to the screenshot below
In order to ensure that your Text To Slack is properly configured and that is is working, you will need to attach a number to your app.
- Go to the Restcomm management window http://AP_ADDRESS:8080/restcomm-management
- In the dashboard, click on the menu Numbers.
- Click on the button +Register Number.
- Click on the tab, Provider Number.
- In the Country field, choose United States,
- In the Area Code field, choose the desired area code.
- In the drop down Any Capabilities field choose, SMS.
- Press the button, Search Numbers
- In the list of numbers, choose the desired number by pressing the button, Register Number
- In the Friendly Name field enter a description “Text To Slack”.
- Press the Register button.
- In the Pop-up window, validate your entry by pressing the Register button.
- In the SMS Request URL field click on the button to reveal the list of available apps. Select Text To Slack .
- Press the button Save Changes.
- The newly registered number will now be available to use.
SEND SMS TO YOUR APPLICATION.
- Send SMS to the SMS enabled DID you have registered